Persian Language Classes for Children and Adults
Persian Language Classes for all ages from 5 years old children to adults in different levels from non-Persian background total beginners who do not have prior knowledge of the language, to elementary, intermediate and advanced.
These classes are aimed not only to teach Persian language and literature but also to transfer the knowledge of the Persian culture to the language learners.
Students learn both the written form of Persian and the modern day spoken version and enjoy socialising with other native and non-native Persian speakers.
The course is also suitable for learners who have never studied Persian or do not have the prerequisite knowledge for Intermediate Persian. The course is designed to enable students to learn the basic vocabulary and grammatical structures of written and oral Persian in order to permit the learner to communicate with Persian speakers about everyday matters. This course first introduces the Persian alphabet. The emphasis is on speaking and using the language for communication. The four language skills (listening, speaking, reading, and writing) as well as pronunciation and vocabulary are incorporated into the course.
– Teaching Alphabet Letters
– General Persian Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing
– Speaking, Listening, Reading, Writing, Vocabulary and Grammar
– Reading, Speaking, Listening, Reading, Writing and Persian Language Grammar
– Oral Production and Movie
– Reading and Speaking and Listening Skills
– Writing Skills and Persian Language Grammar
– Oral Production
The contents of each level consists of teaching receptive language skills (Listening and Reading), productive skills (Speaking and Writing) as well as teaching vocabulary and grammar. In all levels teaching four language skills as well as teaching vocabulary and grammar teaching are integrative.
Two essential levels of Basic and elementary could be completed by continuous attendance (no absent) of eight terms, due to spending minimum of 2 hours exercise & homework per class hour.
At the end of the elementary level of the course, the students will:
1. Have mastered the Persian alphabet and sound system.
2. Able to recognise and pronounce correctly all Persian sounds, and write accurately from dictation.
3. Able to initiate social interactions, ask for info, and aware of basic cultural aspects of social interaction.
4. Be able to talk about him/herself, his/her education, and his/her family with native speakers of Persian.
5. Comprehend simple print texts on familiar topics;
6. Comprehend simple audio/video texts on familiar topics;
7. Be able to compose simple paragraphs about him/herself and his/her family and friends;
8. Know the difference between written & spoken Persian, recognise both and use basic expressions.
9. Easily communicate with Persian speaking people including Iranian, Afghans and Tajiks.
After successful completion of the advanced level students will be fluent in the four skills of reading, writing, speaking and listening, and would be able to study rich Persian literature texts and explore the vast Persian civilisation.
Teaching Method and Material
Based on the MoU signed between Persian Language School WA and Iran’s Saadi Foundation (Nov/2018), the Persian Language School WA in collaboration with the foundation uses the educational sources and standards developed by the foundation in its courses. Therefore the teaching method and materials we are using are developed by Saadi Foundation, top ranked in Persian Language Teaching. Paperback text books are available for purchase (by Registered learners/students Only) from this website.