Persian Language Classes (A) is designed for adults in different level from non-Persian background beginners who do not have prior knowledge of the language, as well as students who are at elementary, intermediate or advanced level. Students learn both the written form of Persian and the modern day spoken version and enjoy socialising with other native and non-native Persian speakers. The course is suitable for students who have never studied Persian or do not have the prerequisite knowledge for Intermediate Persian. The course is designed to enable students to learn the basic vocabulary and grammatical structures of written and oral Persian in order to permit the learner to communicate with Persian speakers about everyday matters. This course first introduces the Persian alphabet. The emphasis is on speaking and using the language for communication. The four language skills (listening, speaking, reading, and writing) as well as pronunciation and vocabulary are incorporated into the course.
Each of three beginners, elementary and intermediate levels could be completed by continuous attendance (no absent) of four terms, due to spending minimum of 2 hours exercise & homework per class hour. PDF version of the textbooks are available within the learner’s area on this website.
At the end of the elementary level of the course, the students will:
1. Have mastered the Persian alphabet and sound system.
2. Able to recognize and pronounce correctly all Persian sounds, and write accurately from dictation;
3. Able to initiate social interactions, ask for basic info, and aware of basic cultural aspects of social interaction.
4. Be able to talk about him/herself, his/her education, and his/her family with native speakers of Persian.
5. Comprehend simple print texts on familiar topics;
6. Comprehend simple audio/video texts on familiar topics;
7. Be able to compose simple paragraphs about him/herself and his/her family and friends;
8. Know about the difference between written and spoken Persian, recognize both and able to use basic expressions.
The fee defined for this class is the tuition fee for “One term only” that is usually nine days (Saturdays, within WA school terms) over three months period. Each session (day) includes two 45 minutes teaching sessions with one 15 minutes break in between. Total tuition fee per year per student is 4x$150=600 AUD
The schedule for academic (term dates) could be found below every pages of the website plswa.org.au